Saturday, September 6, 2014

Onto to the Next!

In the last month or so has been some big changes (thank goodness because I was ready/needed these changes) For one Jamie and I finally moved out of our basement apartment into a condo that we are renting. Its crazy to think that just moving can change how you feel! Being in that basement apartment, I was so unhappy and was not helping with the depression I was feeling with my infertility. Last month I also tried something new with my Clomid and cycle monitoring. I went in August 16 for my ultra sound and blood work. They were impressed that I had a very large follicle (one of the biggest I'd had EVER!) I then got a script for a trigger shot that would make me ovulate the next day which meant I had to give myself a needle. I was pretty thrilled because I thought this time around HAD to be it with taking this trigger shot. So I did exactly what they had told me to do and did my 2 week wait and of course got a big ole negative. Normally when I get negative pregnancy test I'm pretty sad and depressed after but this time around I was pretty numb. I've gotten use to all these let downs that its starting to become just a normal thing every month.
Anywho on to another change we have had! Yesterday I had another appointment with my fertility doctor and she asked how I was feeling about things and of course I said the Clomid has run its course and I'm ready to move on. My doctor agreed with me and said she felt that its time to get more aggressive with our treatment. We are now starting injections, I started yesterday my injections of puregon which will help my follicles grow bigger ( Suppose to have 2-3 large follicles and I was only making 1 large follicle). I will be injecting myself for 8 days straight once I have done these injections I will go in for an ultra sound to see how my follicles are growing. After that Jamie and I will go back in a few days for Insemination ... yes I said it... INSEMINATION! With the insemination they will do a sperm wash and a couple hours after whatever sperm they find is the best they will be inseminating me. I'm super excited and nervous, this is costing so much money and if this doesn't work well I just don't even know what to say... Hopefully next week will be the week we do this.
I also just wanted to say to all friends and family that if you feel I have been very distant in the last little bit it is because I'm honestly trying not to think about things and I find whenever I see friends people are always asking about things so I have just avoided a lot of conversation, I also just need some space and just have some me and Jamie time. So I apologize for not being around more but this time right now is well needed to think about things and the steps we need to take to make us parents.

Please keep us in your thoughts because I'm praying this works and with the money being spent ... well its kind of the only hope we have in becoming parents.

Baby dust to those in need
Stef xo

No comments:

Post a Comment