I think the title of this entry pretty well explains what I'm writing about hah! In this past year Jamie and I have attempted some pretty weird shit in hopes of getting pregnant and thought I would share them. Hopefully someone that is trying to conceive reads this and takes my advice on what to try and what not to try. I can now laugh at the stuff I tried thinking it would work and wonder what the hell I was thinking!!
So one of the first things I tried out in hopes of helping us to conceive was the Diva Cup. For those that don't know exactly what it is well... it is a rubber cup (looks like a funnel) that woman use during they're period. The great thing about it is you keep this diva cup in for 12 hrs straight and just empty it out. Its genius no need to ever worry about running out of tampons or having to buy them for that matter AND no worries of leaking. Your probably wondering what it has to even do with conceiving, well word is online that if you insert the diva cup after doing the deed it will hold everything up in there and chances of a sperm attaching to your egg is greater. After reading this I went right out and picked up a diva cup which I think it was $25.00 or around there. Now this is where things get awkward, my first attempt at it was really scary ( now I can simply laugh about it!). I sat and read over the directions of how to insert this cup.... I think I had to read it over a few times and even youtube it cause I just stared at it wondering how this thing was going to even fit in me! My husband and I did our thing and then I kicked my husband out of the bedroom so I could try to get this thing in hahaha. Basically the easy part is putting the diva cup in BUT the taking out part .... that's a totally different story! After inserting I thought I would keep the cup in all night and remove in the morning. 12 hrs later I wake up and decide I need to take the cup out. Now I won't go into gory details but a bit of panic came over me when I couldn't get it out. Little did I know these bad boys suction on to your walls. To make things more complicated I had fake nails on so made things REALLY hard to get a good pinch on it haha. I called my husband in a panic telling him I couldn't get the darn thing out of me and that he was going to have to come home to help me or maybe take me to emerge. I think I would die of complete embarrassment having to go to the hospital. My husband in complete shock just kept asking "are you sure you can't get it out??". I had to get off the phone and thought okay I have to just do this and get it out. I finally got the diva cup out and huge sense of relief came over me. I cursed the dam thing and thought I would never use it again!! Well I did end up using it again, actually used it few more times. After getting the hang of it, it became way easier to insert and remove it. I got curious and decided I would ask my baby doctor what his thoughts were on the diva cup. When I asked him he had never heard of using the diva cup for what I was using it for and kind of laughed a bit. ( He must think I'm a crazy desperate woman) My baby doctor told me there is really no need to use the diva cup for that, when a male does his thang all the sperm that is going to attach will stay up there for at least 48 hrs. After hearing that I completely ditched my diva cup, although I do now use it during my periods and I will probably never go back to tampons or pads! I have saved so much money using the diva cup! My recommendation is to only use the diva cup for your periods NOT for conceiving!!
The next thing I tried out for conceiving was a product called "Pre-Seed". This product is meant for couples who are trying to conceive and need a little help with lubrication. Pre-seed works like cervical mucus to help sperm travel to the egg. Most other lubricants kill off sperm where as this stuff is meant to keep sperm strong and traveling to the right spot! In my research on the product a lot of woman gave this stuff a big thumbs up! So I figured I would give it a try even though I don't really have any issues with lubrication but suppose doesn't hurt to try. On the package it states to only use 2-3 g of it. Its kinda of cool though it comes with 9 syringes so that you don't get any of the product on your hands. I found that applying it was really easy and not messy at all. I will though say you definitely don't need 2-3g of this stuff!! I haven't used it again since I purchased it but when I do use it again I know now to only use like 1g of it or less. I asked my husband afterwards what his thoughts were on it and if it felt any different and he says didn't feel any different and would want me to use it again. I felt it made things a bit messy but if it helps my chances of pregnancy then I sure would use it again! Now this is my first cycle using Pre-Seed and if this cycle I got pregnant I would say it was mainly because of the pre-seed and my higher dose of Clomid.
A lot of my friends told me as well I need to put my legs up in the air after doing the deed. I know some of my pals that read this will know who they are hahaha! Anyways I have been doing this little trick every time my husband and I are intimate and my husband tends to look at me as though I've lost my dam marbles but its worth a shot right? I've been doing lots of reading up on this little trick and I've read some interesting stuff on it. Some people say it doesn't really matter legs up or down as long as you don't stand up right away and just relax after in bed it will help keep things in there. Others say this is exactly how they got pregnant but to be honest how does one even know that for a fact!! I'm sure there are many woman who have gotten pregnant and never did this so I don't know ... I'll still do it because ... well... I'm desperate haha
These are all things I plan on bringing up to my specialist when I meet her on the 27th of March. Which of all these silly ideas are going to make me a mommy if any of them! I wish I could snap my fingers and the 27th of March would be here because I want some answers and get things rolling here!!
Until the next post
BABY DUST :)
No comments:
Post a Comment